Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Summer Slipped By

Summer slipped away, this one going faster than any other summer I can remember. We didn’t seem to have those doldrums… the days and days of intense heat when the air has ripples and the ozone warnings stay in the red zone. It was a lovely summer of green leaves and bright blue skies. No hurricanes came our way. Such blessings! I got to re-experience summer through my friendship with my granddaughter. Together we discovered a box turtle hiding in the long grass. We watched families of deer run through the pasture. I got to enjoy the fun of jumping over the waves together at the edge of the shore.
Life has become very simple. There’s work and there’s time to play with Jasmine. I find time for dog walks but not much for housework.

No comments: