Friday, March 14, 2008

Listen and Act On Your Inner Knowing

Dear One,

We love you, and we are glad to have you waking up, almost better, ready to face the day with some energy. We trust that you are doing what is best for you now. You can't always tell what the outcome of any given action will be, but learning to listen and act on your inner knowing is very important.

When you were sick you felt a connection between your illness, and your anger and resentment. Just before you got sick you wrote a piece that summed up all of your personal frustration with the home situation. Then as you lay sick for several days the chaos in the house got greater and greater. You felt even more anger but also too sick to change the situation. As you gradually got better you began to sort things out, and that improved your mood.

Eckhart Tolle had a great description of the thoughts underlying unhappiness, the feeling of discontent or background resentment:

"There is something that needs to happen in my life before I can be at peace (happy, fulfilled), and I resent that it hasn't happened yet. Maybe my resentment will finally make it happen."

"Something happened in the past that should not have happened, and I resent that. If that hadn't happened I would be at peace now."

"Something is happeneing now that should not be happening and it is preventing me from being at peace now."


"You should do this or that so that I can be at peace. And I resent that you haven't done it yet. Maybe my resentment will make you do it."

"What you are doing or failing to do now is preventing me from being at peace."

You can choose to be here now. You can choose what is. You can choose to be at peace with what is now.
Your Angels

No comments: