Friday, March 07, 2008

The Important Thing is Your Attitude

Dear One,
We love you, and we think you are "perfect" just as you are. The pursuit of perfection is a noble idea, but if you end up endlessly comparing yourself and your surroundings to some ideal then you will make yourself very unhappy.

Life is not about being perfect. Nor is it about having everything under control at all times. It just doesn't happen that way.

Life is a dance, and the important thing is your attitude. A state of calm centeredness is the best. The best "perfect" state of mind is emptyness. You won't be empty if your mind is busy making comparisons. Emptiness implies an absence of all that.

"I am what I am." and "It is what it is."... that is acceptance. Add to that an attitude of thanks... "I am grateful that I am what I am." and "I celebrate that it is what it is."

Old lore about angels describes us as "praising God in every moment". This is better described as a loving acceptance of All That Is. Happy babies have it naturally, some children do too, but it slips away as the mind becomes more powerful in its discriminating faculty.
Your Angels

No comments: